Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 5 black keeps turning off

It turn on by itself and after two beeps its turning off.. i tried manual update also.. not worked.. i am using sandisk 32 gb extreme sd card.. plz help me to fix this issue

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Gopro hero 5 black keeps turning off

What do you mean by "not worked"? The update didn't work or the update didn't resolve the issue?

Go into preferences and factory reset the camera. Do not connect to the app and see if the issue persist.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

What do you mean by "not worked"? The update didn't work or the update didn't resolve the issue?

Go into preferences and factory reset the camera. Do not connect to the app and see if the issue persist.
Tourist

Update didn't solve the issue... I reset the camera by holding mode button.. thats what i can only do.. it's also not worked... The camera switch on automatically and its off by two seconds automatically with beep sound plz try to help me
Tourist

pdate didn't solve the issue... I reset the camera by holding mode button.. thats what i can only do.. it's also not worked... The camera switch on automatically and its off by two seconds automatically with beep sound plz try to help me danielr15
Explorer

Holding down the Mode button reboots the camera, but does not reset the camera. To reset, Tap Preferences > Factory Reset > Reset.

Did the manual update run?

Also, after trying a factory reset, if you still have issues, try a different SD card. You can also try doing a FULL (not Quick) format of the SD card in your computer. Once done, copy the UPDATE folder (Not UPDATE.zip) to the blank SD card. Put the card in the camera and power on using the side Mode/Power button. The Update should run. The camera will automatically turn off and then on again. Once completed, a check mark will appear on the front LCD. When it is completed, go to Preferences and scroll to the bottom and Format the SD card in the camera. After that, Factory Reset the camera Tap Preferences > Factory Reset > Reset. Do NOT connect to the app and see if the problem continues. If it does, try a different SD card and repeat the above instructions. If the problem continues with the second card, contact the GoPro Support Team by Chat or Phone. You can do so here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Tourist

I cant do factory reset because the camara shutdown automaticaly within 2seconds
GoPro

Hi @nicesummit400

Please check the information on your other post.

Thanks!

Ej