Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 5 Black repair / water leak

Hello,

my gopro hero 5 black camera stop working because it fell into the water without proper side door closed. I send the camera to use warranty and of course warranty is not possible (because of improper usage - but when the warranty is possible than?) So o.k ... I want to reapair my camera and service in my country(Slovenia) said that they dont repair the camera only replace them (if warranty could be used) ... So in my case I can just throw away the camera that costs 430€ because it fell in water for 1 minute with improper side door closed ...

I am realy disapointed that a small mistake made the waterproof product unusable and unrepairable and if I need it I need to pay extra 430€ again (total 860€)  and can throw my 6 months old camera away ...

Is there any other way to fix my situation?

Thanks for your help

Kind Regars

Jani

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Gopro hero 5 Black repair / water leak

Gopro policy is water damage is not covered. on any camera.  if  you can prove its faulty then you may  just may be a lucky one to get a new camera. otherwise they'll offer  the camera to you at a  up to 40% discount.  look for threads here of all  solved solutions of the many that reported back after their water damage camera's  NONE

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Gopro policy is water damage is not covered. on any camera.  if  you can prove its faulty then you may  just may be a lucky one to get a new camera. otherwise they'll offer  the camera to you at a  up to 40% discount.  look for threads here of all  solved solutions of the many that reported back after their water damage camera's  NONE

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

And where can I get this 40% discount and how? And the old camera I just can throw in the trash or use for spare parts?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @janilemy,

You will need to reach out to our support team directly and they will take a look at what happened. Each situation is judged on a case by case basis so reach out to them before you do anything with that camera.

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Adventurer

Once again:  Gopro is a sales  company not a repair company.  If you damaged  on your own, then the least gopro can do is say hey maybe we can offer you up to 40% off.   to keep you as a customer.   WHere  go to the bottom of this page and call  good luck