Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Gopro fusion 2.0 and Android app

Updated my firmware to 2.0 and using a galaxy note 9, everything I recorded in 5.6k can be viewed and downloaded to my phone but won't let me edit any videos using overcapture or even grab a photo from a video. can't seem to do anything with videos recorded, HELP

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Gopro fusion 2.0 and Android app

Samsung phones can be limited in what they can render due to the video decoders Samsung chooses to use in their phones. It's really unfortunate as Samsung is such a popular brand with very good cameras. Why they decide to cripple their phones when it comes to video editing capability is a mystery. Another member mentioned a similar issue with their Samsung Galaxy Note. Interestingly, my older LG v30 handles the 5.6K files fine.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

Re: Gopro fusion 2.0 and Android app

Samsung phones can be limited in what they can render due to the video decoders Samsung chooses to use in their phones. It's really unfortunate as Samsung is such a popular brand with very good cameras. Why they decide to cripple their phones when it comes to video editing capability is a mystery. Another member mentioned a similar issue with their Samsung Galaxy Note. Interestingly, my older LG v30 handles the 5.6K files fine.