Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Gopro delivery is slow

[ New ]

I ordered a new hero8 on Sunday. The GoPro ordering page stated delivery in 2 to 3 days. On Tuesday I get a confirmation email stating delivery will take 5 days.  Haven't got it yet and already disappointed.

also worrying is that the free sd card isn't mentioned on the invoice.

if that is missing, who do I contact ???

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Gopro delivery is slow

[ New ]

You can go here to check the order status

https://gopro.com/en/us/order-status

When you bought the gopro ,did you pay full price or did you use a discount code, discount website or use the tradeup deal?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

You can go here to check the order status

https://gopro.com/en/us/order-status

When you bought the gopro ,did you pay full price or did you use a discount code, discount website or use the tradeup deal?

Tourist

[ New ]

Was not the case for me, I ordered mine last Thursday and it arrived today, Monday!

Hiker

[ New ]

Ist da ein Unterschied beim Versand ob mit oder ohne Rabatt gekauft wurde?

Backpacker

[ New ]

If a discount code was used, then there is no free memory card included with the camera as the offer of a free memory card cannot be combined with other orders.

If it was a tradeup deal, the terms and conditions actually say that it can take 14 days from receipt of camera for the order to be processed.

Tourist

[ New ]

Any discounts or offers used for the gopro will remove the sd card from the cart.  Were you able to track your order through the order confirmation email?  I ended up contacting through chat to get a ups tracking number.

Hiker

[ New ]
Habe eine hero8 und Zubehör am 12.bestellt, mit Rabatt (ich weiß das keine Karte dabei ist) aber bis jetzt nichts bekommen, außer der Bestätigung und beim Support sagte man mir am Donnerstag:
Sollte morgen oder Montag (heute) rausgehen und nix passiert weder ne email noch in Status ne Änderung
Jetzt sind halt 9 Tage rum
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @nordschleife85. We have submitted your order details to the team to check on the most recent status. We will update you once we hear back from them. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Ordené mi gopro el día 11 de octubre, como decían entregaban a partir del 15. Ya estamos a día 22 y la orden sigue "pendiente". Llamé por teléfono 2 veces al servicio al cliente y son incapaces de aportar una solución o hablar con la verdad y decir con cuanta demora operan o que está ocurriendo. Me prometieron enviarme un email al día siguiente a primera hora y nunca lo enviaron. Dejan muchísimo que desear... estoy evaluando cancelar la orden...

MP-03917069

Tourist

[ New ]
Mine took 3 working days From Singapore to Australia
Explorer

[ New ]
No need to double post the same thing. Sorry to hear about your delayed order, but the best advice we can give is to continue working with GoPro Support (which we are not).
Hiker

[ New ]
Same here. Submitted the order on 10/17/19, but it says it's still being processed.
Sightseer

[ New ]
I ordered my Hero 8 on October 6th! And still no shipping confirmation. Why is this happening? Makes no sense why others who ordered later are getting theirs first.... please help. I need that camera.
Explorer

[ New ]
Ordered on 17th probably didn't get to processing until Monday (they don't process orders in weekends/holidays). Most likely it will process today and ship tomorrow. Many people confuse 2-day shipping with 2 day delivery. It's usually 3-4 business days to process and then the following day it ships via 2-day shipping. I wish GoPro was more clear about this.

As far as the October 6th order, that doesn't make sense. Unless there was some issue with the processor, you should have received the camera by now. Contact GoPro Support, they need to expedite your order or provide some clarity.
Backpacker

[ New ]

Delivery is also going to depend on your location in the world and availability of stock.  Don't forget, GoPro not only have a ton of individual orders to look after, but orders for big box retail and online stores to fulfill.  The difference is that those preorders could come with penalties if GoPro are late whereas individual orders, shipdates and processing dates are only estimates (according to GoPro terms and conditions)

I ordered my first GoPro on 10/1 with a promise shipdate of Oct 15th.  Well the camera order was processed early and the status changed to "Shipped" on the 11th with a UPS tracking number.  However... this doesn't mean it's on the way.  All this means is that GoPro have put it in a box with a UPS lable on it and it's awaiting UPS pickup.  Since this was Friday evening when the status changed, UPS didn't pick up in the evening or on Sat or Sun.  It was Monday evening before UPS picked up the package, the tracking number went live (it won't work until UPS have picked up the package and sorted it for delivery) and Wednesday the 16th by the time it was delivered.

I placed my 2nd order (trade up deal) on the 10th, mailed off my GoPro on the 11th and it was received on the 15th.  GoPro said it could take up to 14 days to process the order but hey, on the 18th my status changed to "Shipped".  This again was a Friday so I wasn't expecting it to ship until the 21st.  The only thing that's changed is that tracking is being done by a 3rd party this time (http://letslinc.com) and the webpage link refuses to load on any browser on any pc that I've tried.  It did however load on my phones mobile browser and just brought me to a message saying "Your order is still being processed, check back soon".  

Hopefully my GoPro is enroute and will be here Wednesday, but I do think GoPro could do a better job with orders.  

1:  Order status page could contain the message "package picked up by UPS" instead of "shipped".  When people see the "shipped" message they think they'll get their GoPro in 2 days, that's just not the case, especially in the event of a weekend pickup.  If they changed the message at least people could follow up directly with UPS regarding the status of their shipment.

2:  If GoPro are shipping devices to a 3rd party logistics company to handle delivery and tracking, they should ensure the customer has a that the emails they send out contain links that actually work.  Again, GoPro shouldn't have the message "Shipped" if it's not actually shipped out to a customer.  The message should stay "processing" until a tracking number is available.

3:  The information a customer gets, that GoPro claims and that a 3rd party provides should all match.  In this case the email with the "shipped" message, the GoPro order status page with the "Shipped" message and the 3rd party logistics companies status of "processing" is a clear fail.  It's either shipped or it hasn't, it shouldn't be a case of "2 out of 3 ain't bad!"

and finally.....

4:  People need to be patient and stop whining.  You're ordering the hottest camera on the market right now, tons of people want one, incoming orders are probably flowing faster than the Mississippi after a torrential rainstorm and remember, those orders are coming in from all over the world.  Of course there is going to be delays.  Add in the fact that people are trying to buy camera's and ship them to a different country than their billing address (presents for others, staying at hotels, trying to skirt tax payments) and this is causing credit card payments to be flagged or denied and orders cancelled.  GoPro is doing it's best to get orders fulfilled, after all, this is how they make money, by selling people camera's, so they are going to do their best to get you your camera on time!  So just be patient and if you need to, follow up with GoPro customer services about your order and it's status.  Just remember to be polite, these folks are under huge pressure dealing with all sorts of things.  It's a personal choice whether you want to make someone's day or make someone's day worse.

As for my order?  I am using my original scenario of 14 (working) days for processing with a 2 day delivery time.  So I had that at the 8th of November.  If I don't get my camera by then, sure, I'll follow up with customer services.  If I get it before then, I'm going to be a very happy customer for getting the order sooner than expected.

In the meantime, if you're waiting on your camera, use the time creatively.  They have a $1M challange, start planning out and storyboarding the shots you want to submit.  Get your equipment together, go on a dry run and be as ready as you can be for getting that winning shot and getting some cash in your pocket!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Most of that makes sense, however if a company is advertising EVERYWHERE that it ships the 15th and takes 2 days to ship then that’s what we paid for and we’re told. Now a week past the “promised” ship date and still no camera or even a sign that it shipped. That’s not okay no matter how optimistic you are.
Backpacker

[ New ]

The camera didn't ship on the 15th, it started shipping on the 11th, that's 4 days earlier than expected, maybe you should make a big deal of that instead.  Also in the terms and conditions it clearly states that delivery dates and processing times are estimates.  Sorry that you're having to wait for your delivery, but trust me, it's worth the wait, the camera is bloody awesome.