Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro app "preview" issue with android wifi.

Hi,

So everytime I want to "preview" what the camera sees on the gopro app it works for 5secs then i get this notification "This Wifi network has no internet access. Connect anyway?" I press "connect"

but the problem is this notification interupts the ongoing "preview" connection between the app and the gopro, which then freezes the app. so i have to go back and do it all over again until the notification shows up again after 5secs and its a repeat loop :(

I've attached a screenshot of this.

I have a gopro 8 black and using Huawei p30 pro smartphone with up to date android OS.

Im not sure how to stop this notification from popping up but its whats causing the issue.

Thanks

goproappwifiproblem.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro app "preview" issue with android wifi.

Hi @alertflame808

This is a notice from the phone that the connection you are using does not have internet access(which is the case for GoPro cameras).

I am using the same phone model and do not experience the issue described above.

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App on Android.

Please make sure you are on the latest version.

You may also try resetting the connection.

Open the GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions on https://tinyurl.com/t49rewr
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I managed to solve the issue.

I located the gopro's wifi password from the camera settings.

I then manually connected my phone on the gopro's wifi and entered the gopro's password. 

Preview on the app now works as intended and the notification regarding "no internet access" no longer pop up.

Best Regards.

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that, @alertflame808. Thank you for the update and for sharing the solution. Best regards!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Excellent post! I fixed that problem with your help. Thanks a lot!