Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Gopro Warranty Claim in Canada, Toronto

Currently Lot of people here in CANADA having problem with warranty claim 
Im also getting very frustrated with my warranty claim as well 

---- Someone on wrote this on forum -----

Going to update this post. If anyone stumbles across this for just buying the camera without discount even. Do yourself a favor and get used to extremely long warranty claims with no immediate assistance or compensation for it.

I made my warranty claim October 30th. Shipped the camera on November 6th to Ontario. They received the camera Nov 13th. Then nothing, no update, no hey we got it and are shipping the new one out. Just nothing.

I contacted them on November 20th, during the conversation the agent stated they would look into it and assured me it would be prioritized. They said it would most likely be November 29th, I would receive and email upon return shipping. Well that didn't happen.

Today, November 27th I chatted again with another agent. Again got the same answer with no date. They just said they would personally look into it, prioritize and make sure they'd follow up with a personal email. We'll see where that goes but I'm doubtful at this point. By the time I get the camera back with return shipping it will most likely have been approx 28 business days since I sent it in. With no compensation offered.

Imo this is unacceptable for a simple return and ship warranty claim.

--- I wrote ----

Im in same situation as you, they received my defected gopro7 black on nov 12, and I spoke with 5 different agents and they all give me same BS answer with no date.

About 5month ago, I had defected battery and it took them 2month to find out they actually do not ship lithium battery to Canada lol ..
Ended up sending me Supersuit Case as compensation (No replacement battery) but it took them almost 3month.
druing this time, I probably spoke with 15 different agents and they all had no clue about whats goin on.
They all said they will personally follow up regards to this case but non of them follow up with me, and they all refuse to transfer me to supervisor since they dont exist ? .

-----  Other Replied ------

My battery was defective, they processed a replacement on the 30th of October and it is still pending shipping, I chatted with them many times and I even asked for a supervisor on a call which was supposed to call back, they didn't. Each rep will tell you that it is either out of stock or it will ship in 24 hours to get you off the chat/call, keep saying no and they will offer you to ship you one accessory for free that ships from their warehouse in Canada. I will talk to them tomorrow as it is almost a month and there are 0 updates.

2019-12-15.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Warranty Claim in Canada, Toronto

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @ceojinkim. We'd be glad to look into this. Is there a case number or an order number that we can use as a reference? Please tag me on your response so I can be notified at once. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya My case number is 07193847
Warranty claim request was Nov. 4th , 2019
Gopro received my defected unit on Nov. 12 , 2019

Screenshot_20191216-131739_Chrome.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya here is another person complaining from rfd (redflagdeals) forum just now . . . gopro company really need to step up with customer care and support other then focusing only on a product for sale.. please please do something or please let someone on higher team can investigate this matter immediately.
Screenshot_20191216-134431_Forums.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details that you provided, @ceojinkim. We checked the case and we see that it has already been escalated to the Orders team to investigate why the particular order is not shipping out. Apologies as we are not able to provide any new information at this time. We have tagged the case to ensure that the Supervisor handling it will update you of any progress on the case. 

It would be best also for the person from redflagdeals forum to connect with our Support team so a case can be created for the concern. 

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@mariustanya Thank you .. looking forward to hear back from you soon

@mariustanya wrote:

Thank you for the details that you provided, @ceojinkim. We checked the case and we see that it has already been escalated to the Orders team to investigate why the particular order is not shipping out. Apologies as we are not able to provide any new information at this time. We have tagged the case to ensure that the Supervisor handling it will update you of any progress on the case. 

It would be best also for the person from redflagdeals forum to connect with our Support team so a case can be created for the concern. 

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya 

Just to give you an update ..

I spoke with supevisor name John on DEC/16/2019 and I was promised to receive a follow up call or email within 24-48hrs.

Now it has been 72hrs and I still have not heard anything from anybody. 

I have family trip to mexico nextweek, and this will be my 3rd trip without able to use my gopro camera due to lack of gopro warranty claim 

My case was submitted NOV 4th, 2019

Product was received NOV 12, 2019 

Now its already DEC,19th, 2019 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @ceojinkim. We have sent feedback to the supervisor handling your case to provide you an update. Please keep the lines open. Thanks!