Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro Switching To Photo Mode By Itself

[ New ]

I use my gopro 7 black to record track days. I leave it plugged into the car all day and just press record when I go out on track. Three times today it somehow got into photo mode even though I have not touched the camera except to press record. The camera has also been quite buggy, freezing, and showing these distorted lines on the screen. I'm concerned my camera is faulty.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro Switching To Photo Mode By Itself

[ New ]

@tjk325, by any chance, do you remember single pressing the Shutter button? Or did you press and hold the Shutter button for a few seconds?

When using QuikCapture in the camera, you press once for video, press and hold for a few seconds for Time Lapse photos. Then, press again to stop recording and power off the camera.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
Are you using Quick Capture (Pressing the top shutter to turn on and start recording)?
Tourist

[ New ]

Yes

GoPro

[ New ]

@tjk325, by any chance, do you remember single pressing the Shutter button? Or did you press and hold the Shutter button for a few seconds?

When using QuikCapture in the camera, you press once for video, press and hold for a few seconds for Time Lapse photos. Then, press again to stop recording and power off the camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

That may be my problem. Is there a way to turn off time-lapse quick capture so I don't record my lap with a bunch of photos?

Explorer

[ New ]
You can turn off Quick Capture, but doing so will require you to turn the camera on before recording. You cannot disable the time lapse feature of Quick Capture.