Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro Silver 7 Screensaver is not turning off the screen

Scenario 1:

I recently bought Gopro Hero 7 Silver camera and updated it manually using the Lexar 633x memory card. The camera updated successfully. While keeping the camera idle or shooting the videos, screensaver was getting turned off the screen in 1 minute, which was the correct behaviour of camera.

Scenario 2:

I then got gopro recommended Lexar 667x video memory card, and tried shooting some videos. I noticed screen light was getting dimmed but screensaver is not turning off the camera screen. I checked the screen saver time and it was 1 minute. Tried shooting the video couple of times, also tried to keep camera idle as well but screensaver was not turning off he screen.

After Scenaio 2, I factory reset the camera, and also updated the camera again manually using the Lexar 667x video memory card. The camera got successfully updated. The, tried shooting the videos and also kept the camera idle couple of times, this time the screensaver was turning off the screen in 1 minute.

Can someone tell me why did the screensaver issue happned in scenario 2 and worked fine after factory reset and 2nd manual update ?