Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro Max no hero mode

using mode selection switch, Selection video mode (non 360) camera just flips back to Time worp. Goes into photo mode (non 360) but will not go video mode (non 360). All 360 modes seem to work fine. Reinstalled latest firmware manualy (Dec 18).

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro Max no hero mode

Updated from 1.2 to 1.35 and now everything works! Looks like its more to do with a version to version update problem. I don't know witch version the camera came with as new.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@emilel3163 - Not sure I understand. Are you saying that when you're in HERO mode that the only options are Time Lapse and Photo, not no Video option? If that's the case, then it's possible that there was an error with the firmware installation. Try doing a manual update. Instructions are at https://gopro.com/en/us/update/max.

Highlighted
Tourist

If i am in Hero Mode Time Laps and select mode change to Video it just kicks me back to time laps mode if I select Photo mode I end up in Photo Hero mode. Either through the mode button or swipping will not stay in Hero Video mode. Everything seems to work fine in 360 mode Timelaps, Video and photo.

New camera for Xmas, updated to new firmware on setup.

Highlighted
Tourist

I did a Firmware update through the app and then manualy. I was hopping to try an earlyer version but no option on the download page.

Highlighted
Tourist

Using the App the phone says Video Hero mode 1080 but the camera shows Time Lapse mode. All other modes corrolate between the app and the camera.
Any way to try an earlier Firmware?

Emile

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The manual update should have taken care of that, but if it didn't, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can do some more troubleshooting with you.

Highlighted
Tourist

Got a copy of Firmware version 1.2 and all problems go away! Looks like it is related to the latest firmware 1.35.

Highlighted
Tourist

Updated from 1.2 to 1.35 and now everything works! Looks like its more to do with a version to version update problem. I don't know witch version the camera came with as new.

Thanks for your help.