Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro Max Dive Housing

[ New ]
Thanks for your reply. Gopro Max if no mistaken it can be underwater around 16ft, but i hope it can get at least 33ft after add the dive housing.
Explorer

[ New ]
It was the way it was presented and the misleading statement, "Protective Lenses are not water safe". It is correct that UNDER water use is not recommended in the FAQ, but they are specifically designed to, "Keep dirt, water and dust off of your built-in lenses". Distorting the caution that water may enter when submerged into the lens protectors not being water safe is misleading. Not being water SAFE are your words, not GoPro's. The camera is waterproof with or without the protective lens, so how are they not safe for water?

Again, we will just have to see if and how GoPro addresses underwater capturing with the GoPro Max.
Hiker

[ New ]

@danielr15 

As I quoted GoPro:

"the protective lenses are not designed to be used underwater as the seals are not waterproof and water will likely enter under the protective lenses"

Good luck.

Explorer

[ New ]
I got that. And again, this doesn't make them "unsafe".