Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Gopro Max Desktop app

[ New ]

As I understand, the only way to reframe shots is using the app? How powerfull does the phone need to be? Will we be able to chose the level of compression when exporting? Isn't any desktop app going to be released?

Nomad

Re: Gopro Max Desktop app

[ New ]

The app will support reframing of shots for video and photo.  I would expect Quik for desktop to be updated too for the Max release.

Since the stitching is done in camera, the final exported file will be in 360 degree's.  So just like the current GoPro Fusion, you should be able to do further reframing and editing in Adobe Premier Pro without going through the hassle of having to stitch the footage on your PC first.  However since there are no reviews for the Max out yet, the exact workflow options aren't available yet.  Other video editors that support 360 degree footage should also be able to reframe shots.  We'll just need to wait and see what the reviews say and I would expect them within the next 2 weeks.

Tourist

[ New ]
Unless I’m missing something the desktop (Mac version) app still hasn’t been updated as of Jan 2020. I received a max for Christmas and I still can’t upload any video directly into the desktop app. Any third party suggestions?
Nomad

[ New ]

Welcome to the GoPro sympathy column! GoPro Quik, the traditional software for transferring files to desktops/laptops, does not recognise the new .360 format files from the Max...GoPro developed their own format for some reason...now they playing catchup...so best to take the SD card out, mount it onto your Mac and go transfer the .360 files over...then use the MAc gopro player to reframe to 1080p (whaaaattt you say, 1080p...yip! GoPro) or excport direct as 5.6k 360 files for use with other software such as Premier Pro....

In the meantime, we have all been patiently waiting for GoPro to update the camera (still no 360 audio!!) and software so it can be used easily like the Fusion before it.

Com'on GoPro, holidays are over, lets go!