11-11-2019 05:54 AM
well, it works totally fine for my android device, what cellphone are you using? and what's the version of your android software? I'm using google pixel 4 xl , android 10, also using samsung s9 plus with android 9, both working perfectly !
11-11-2019 09:42 AM
Not sure if you're asking original poster or me. I have a Samsung A50, Android 9, 4GB Ram. Again, no-one's saying it doesn't work on every Android, but you only have to look at these boards to see there is a significant number of Android users that it does't work for.
11-13-2019 09:58 AM
A new version of the GoPro App has been released today. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App (v6.2.2) installed. After the update, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings, and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time.
We'd love to hear back from you on how it goes on your end. Should you notice any further issues, please let us know by replying to this post and providing the following details:
- A brief description of the issue and what you have tried
- GoPro App version
- Camera model and firmware version (e.g. HERO8 Black v1.20)
- Phone Model (e.g. iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8)
- Mobile OS (e.g. iOS 13.1.2 or Android 9.0)
11-14-2019 01:35 AM
I have updated the app but I am still unable to update the firmware in the Max.
And I am expecting to at least share a 360 photo straight unto Facebook via the app but the app is unable to do so. I can at least do a simple video edit with the app and share to Facebook so not all is negative.
But on the whole, the GoPro max as a 360 solution did underperform and largely the problem is software on the smartphone side. Just not good enough for the money it is commanding
12-25-2019 09:47 AM - edited 12-25-2019 09:47 AM
I found ways to fix the missing "reframe" button.
there are 2 thing need to be done for android user
1) make sure the media is offload to your phone
2) when you browsing your "Media" tab, make sure you change the top left drop down from "Media" to "360 Media" then the promised feature is there. (it's a bug that need to be fix)