Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro Max Android Problem

Hello,

I just buy the GoPro max to my business, and see that the app in android not even give me any option to edit it, only trim my video and that's it.

i have paid almost 600$ for that and now i cant even use it.
your company invested so much in that camera and cant even make edits option like iPhone users have? what i have to do with the camera now?

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Gopro Max Android Problem

Hi, have you watched any tutorials on how to edit with the app? I found one and once I had a quick play the editing is very intuitive on the android app (it just doesn't work well on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+)

https://youtu.be/tmQgBw9r-7U

GoPro Max Available Here: https://amzn.to/2WtDiDd Want to know how to use the GoPro App to create awesome videos from the GoPro Max? In this video I take you...
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, I have watched all of them.

android app do not support any editing option in max 360...

you have two option to edit :
-trim
-snap -  taking a picture

that's it. and the last one is to save the video...

Highlighted
Hiker

So you are wanting to keep it as a 360 video? or are you wanting to create an edited and directed fixed window video from the 360 you recorded?
I don't know of any cameras that allow you to maintain the 360 and edit it as that destroys the point of it being a 360 video?
If however you are wanting to direct a fixed view from the 360 you recorded, yes you can do that on Android.

Highlighted
Hiker

Why are you saying that it is possible on Android? Have you not read any of the hundreds of messages from people (like me, with a Samsung A50) who can't edit, or even connect, on Android?

Highlighted
Hiker

I am having issues in rendering, but I can 100% edit a 360 video into a directed fixed window video on my Android device. So unless I am not getting what you are trying to do (which if so, my appologese) I don't really know what to say.
Sadly this page won't allow me to upload an example I have edited on my Android phone.

Highlighted
Tourist

Look man, maybe you dont know.. But most of abdroid uaers cant do what you say.

Please understand we have only trim and snap to take photos. Thats it. Dont try to say we can, because we cant.
Highlighted
Hiker

@petero3812 GoPro have already acknowledged that there is a problem for many Android users, which is why they are working on a fix.

It's great that you can edit on your phone, but many people can't, and knowing that you can is no consolation to them.