Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro Max 360 videos location on Android storage

Hi,

My Max has died on me for no apparent reason, and I am trying to retrieve the footage from the sd card. I want to transfer it to the Gopro mobile app so I can view the 360 footage and edit it. Problem is I cannot find the location of the folder where the 360 videos are stored.

Can anyone help?

I have tried several locations including SD Card > DCIM > com.gopro.smarty > GoPro with no luck.

My existing 360 videos currently saved on my mobile are nowhere to be found.

Thank you

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Gopro Max 360 videos location on Android storage

The original GoPro Footage cannot be accessed on android as it is stored as a proprietary format which is not accessible.  If you want to get a copy of it into android (where you can find it) you need to open the GoPro app, go to the media section, select your clip or clips, and then click on the blue arrow at the top of the screen .  From there you will have the option to "save to phone".  Once you have done that you can locate your video or photo files in a folder called "GoPro Exports".

Highlighted
Tourist

How can I do that if my Max won't start?
Highlighted
Nomad

Sorry, didn't realise the footage was still on the card.

There's only one way I can think of that might work.  You would need a GoPro Plus account.  You would have to put the SD card in your pc or mac, upload the 360 footage to the cloud.  Download the 360 footage from the cloud to your GoPro app on your mobile device.

With your GoPro Max, have you tried removing both the SD card and the battery and then plugging in a USB-C power supply to see if it will turn on?  

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the replies.

I have tried plugging the gopro without a battery and an sd card, it won't start.

I tried buying the gopro plus yearly subscription but got an error message at checkout:

Epic Fail. 404 Resource At '/Content/En/Us/404.Html.Html' Not Found: No Resource Found

Sometimes getting radical comes at a cost.

Highlighted
GoPro

@agileridge3308, the power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: MAX - Will Not Power On

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

As for the issue with the website checkout, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser.