Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro Max 360 Timewarp/timelapse Reframeing problem. PLEASE HELP!!!

[ New ]

Hello. My name is Denis

I have a problem with reframing the footage I shot in 360 mode with the timewarp/timelapse.

I'll try to explain the problem... when I download the footage from the camera to the Iphone and try to view or edit it in the app, the footage automatically, by its self, with no keyframes added, the angle of the camera is SHIFTING all over the place, some times its left to right and some times its up and down. I hope you understand what I mean... for example, I can't make the angel of the camera look in one direction only, if I add keyframes it's not doing much, it still fails to stay on one angle, panning back to the angle it wants to... Now I know that there is an option to turn off the "World Lock"... but the world lock is not the problem, because its doesn't matter if its on or off, the angle of the camera still changes and shifts where the heck it wants... The same thing happens when try to edit it on my PC... So the footage is useless

My camera's firmware is up to date. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this problem. I'm including a link to a video, this video is a screen capture of my phone showing me going to the gopro app and visually show you the problem, notice that first I'm playing the video with "world lock" on, the rewind and play it again with "world lock" off. After reading this and looking at the video, hopefully you will understand what I mean. I hope that It's me doing something wrong and its not a bug... 

VIDEO LINK SHOWING THE PROBLEM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDGbnjm2MuQ&feature=youtu.be

GoPro

Re: Gopro Max 360 Timewarp/timelapse Reframeing problem. PLEASE HELP!!!

[ New ]

Hi @rabbitpk

Thank you for sharing a sample file.

Do you observe the same if you are not viewing it from the Reframe option?

From the Media tab, select the file.

Then tap the blue icon in the middle of the file to play it back.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello! Thank you for responding.

About your question. If I'm viewing it not from the Reframe option it's acts the same way, it jerks the angle left and right. The same as in Reframe option.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rabbitpk

Is this only observed on a certain file?

Can you try it again, this time leave the World Lock option selected.

Turn horizon leveling off.

Thanks!

Ej