Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro Hero6 Black hangs after turning on

Good Day! I would like to ask for an advice. My gopro was replaced by gopro support last month because it doesn’t want to turn on. The new unit replaced was delivered to me last May 27, 2019. I tried the unit but I thing there’s a problem with it. Everytime I turn on the gopro it hangs. I need to remove the battery first so it will turn on successfully. After turning on successfully, then turn off, there it goes again. It hangs up again. I don’t know what’s wrong with the unit. As per advice, I already updated the firmware and it still hangs up. Please help me :(
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero6 Black hangs after turning on

Hi @earlytan11,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Freezing issue in a camera is usually an indicator the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used. Try removing the SD card and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here.

It is also advisable to format the SD card before use. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

If in case you continue to have the freeze up issues with the camera after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, after using different recommended SD cards and redoing the software update, please let our Support team know so they can assist you on the next steps. Kindly let them know the troubleshooting steps already taken. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero6 Black hangs after turning on

Hi @aenriquez! Thank you for giving feedback regarding my concern. I appreciate it. I already updated the firmware manually. I think there’s nothing wrong with the SD card because I used the same SD card from my first gopro. I also tried to turn on the gopro without the memory card. Still the same, it hangs up :( I think the unit itself has a problem. I didn’t expect this because the unit was newly replaced by gopro support :(