Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro Hero5 black

Hi,

I'm Salvador from the Philippines. I've been using my gopro since Nov of 2016 in my sports and adventure. It was only yesterday wherein I spoted some water in my frontscreen. At first, I could still hear the sound when i turn it on. It still has the red lights. I tried changing the battery and still, it gave me blank screens. The only difference now is the light that is solid blue. My gopro is dead. I guess it wasn't waterproof at all. I only stayed in the shallow water for 2 minutes yesterday with it's case fully locked.

Anyone who knows what I can do for this? Service centers here won't cater my problem since it is out of warranty.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero5 black

Hi @agilesand4848

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. What kind of case did you use?

While water damaged cameras are usually not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened.

Please reach out to our Support Team regarding this. As each incident is treated uniquely, they may ask you for pictures of the camera and/or case used and other additional information to help us determine what we can do to extend our help.

You can contact them by phone or chat. Please take note of their hours of operation. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @agilesand4848

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. What kind of case did you use?

While water damaged cameras are usually not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened.

Please reach out to our Support Team regarding this. As each incident is treated uniquely, they may ask you for pictures of the camera and/or case used and other additional information to help us determine what we can do to extend our help.

You can contact them by phone or chat. Please take note of their hours of operation. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

It was definitely locked. Plus it was secured with the black original casing. Also, it was just like 2-3 meters deep. Im not sure this is a known issue for gopro hero5 black. I read a lot of scenarios similar to my problem.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @agilesand4848

Thank you for posting back. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance on this matter. You can reach them via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius