Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Gopro Hero session footage looks grainy / pixelated

Hello,

So yesterday finally my *NEW* GoPro Hero session (4) arrived. I was really stocked to get it out and start making some videos. After messing around with the settings for a bit and looking up how to get the best looking footage I started recording some test shots. When I was done I plugged my GoPro into my PC and checked the footage, It looked terrible! I was really dissapointed, everything was really grainy and pixelated, out and inside. If anyone knows a solution to this please let me know. 

Here are some examples from the footage:

Example1.png

Example2.png

Cheers.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Gopro Hero session footage looks grainy / pixelated

indoor  you are shooting in thedark, and to the bright outdoor light, that is why it looks like it is?  Outoddor you are shooting  towards the Sun  that isanotehr reason why it looks like it is?

you must shoot  with indoor lihgting on, also there may be what is called Exposure lock  or spot meter ..  Test more footage out till you master it?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gopro Hero session footage looks grainy / pixelated

Thank you for your comment. I've tried over 20 settings and have looked about 5 videos on it. Nothing. The image keeps being blurry and grainy.