Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Gopro Hero Session 5 wifi not showed up, the app found the camera but no connection

New Gopro Hero Session 5 wifi not showed up, the app found the camera and added it, the camera showed as connected, but the app showed no connection.

Here is the problem. The wifi network of the Gopro did not show up, when I open the Gopro app, it regconizes and knows that the camera is trying to connect and then the app asks for the password, then i enter the password, nothing happen, and then it added my camera into the app. on the camera, it showed that wifi is connected, but on the app, the camera is not shown as connected.
I even manually try to add the GP network but it still not working. I have tried all the solution online.

I did a factory reset, updated the firmware manually.
Reset my phone and the camera networks setting to removed my previous gopro connections. Turned on both bluetooth and wifi.

Please let me know if you can provide another solution.

Thanks for your time.

IMG_20180331_142908.jpgScreenshot_2018-03-31-14-29-42.pngScreenshot_2018-03-31-14-28-28.pngScreenshot_2018-03-31-14-30-06.pngScreenshot_2018-03-31-14-30-37.png

IMG_20180331_142908.jpg
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero Session 5 wifi not showed up, the app found the camera but no connection

Hello @quickwave74374

I appreciate your thoroughness in performing the recommended steps. At this point, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero Session 5 wifi not showed up, the app found the camera but no connection

I keep repeating this post on vaious wifi and connectivity issues questions, because I did take two 1/2 hours of my time today to be on the phone with support and they have ZERO response on this issue.  Their suggestion is to "pray that the engineers will update the app" and thanked me for reporting the issue (which is well known apparently when googled)

GoPro

Hi @esdrasv41654

This is not the kind of experience we want you to have. Are you using an iPhone or an Android phone? Have you tried forgetting the Wi-Fi name and the Bluetooth ID? Based on my experience, this usually sorts out the connection issue. Turning location services on for Android devices also works most of the time.

For a list of other troubleshooting steps, you may check this link.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

EJ

Tourist

You have failed to read completely through either the notes of this case or my issue.  So allow me to repeat:

1. I spent over 2 1/2 hours with two different people on technical support.

2. The algorythmic questions they pose duplicate your link as provided in your prior message.

3. For the record, the procedure was attempted with and iphone, ipad, and an android phone.  To no avail.

When your technical support people fail to identify the issue and instead give up by saying:  "Thank you for reporting the issue and PRAY our engineers will update soon?"  is speaked volumes of that GoPro really does not stand behind their product.  Period.

Bottomline, Yur GoPro 5 Sesssion has ZERO way of uploading pics or movies from the camera directly to to your PAID service.

GoPro

Hi @esdrasv41654

Thanks for getting back to us. I have just tried a couple of HERO5 Session cameras and was able to connect them to an iPhone and an Android device.

If all troubelshooting steps have been exhausted then it's time to look into the warranty options of the camera.

I suggest getting back to our Support Team.

Regards

EJ