Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Gopro Hero 9 not working

[ New ]
Hello ,

I bought a new go pro hero 9 at the beginning of this year and it works if I just want to take pictures or record something but it doesn’t works for sports. I practice go karts and everyone puts their gopro and record except me that it doesn’t works there.
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 9 not working

[ New ]

Hello, @peppypeak12413. What seems to be the issue with the camera when used on go karts? Does the camera not record at all? Is the camera on the latest firmware update? Is it using a recommended SD card? Do you get an error message on the camera that could be describing why it does not work all the time? 

More details on the issue will help us determine what could be the issue with the camera. We hope to hear back from you. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hello, Yes it’s in the latest firmware update, also I change the simcard lot’s of times to the “extreme” ones etc.
The camera starts recording and suddenly it stops (usually like 40secs) and it stops most of the times when the kart starts going.
Sometimes you can hear but not see the video and then other times it just stops reccording.
GoPro

[ New ]

@peppypeak12413, what's the SD card (brand and capacity) that you commonly used? Do you also observe this happening when using certain video resolutions/settings only?

The recording issue can be related to either a problem with the SD card being used or the camera itself.

You can also try formatting the SD card. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

In addition, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have: sandisk ultra plus 64gb and sandisk extreme 32gb.

I also try formstting the card lots of times and changing the resolutions/settings too :/

Backpacker

[ New ]

Sandisk ultra cards are not recommended for use with the GoPro as they have been known to cause issues.  

The GoPro Hero 9 has had many reports of issues with the Sandisk extreme cards also, I would recommend switching to a Samsung Evo card.

Now that your camera has crashed and shut down a number of times, this has corrupted your current SD card.  Here's a video explaining the issue and how to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=633S-6lagDI

Are you fed up with your GoPro locking up, freezing and refusing to record video? Your issue may not be with the camera, but simply with a corrupt SD card. ...