Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

[ New ]
Bien d’accord!!
Nomad

[ New ]

Voice commands do not work on a windy lake with 3 cameras. Remote is my only option.

@brewcityrider wrote:
To the OP... Hey brother, just use voice commands or the GoPro app on your cell mounted to bars. Voice commands work flawlessly on the bike and are all you need really. I've been doing it this way for almost 4 years.

Hiker

[ New ]

@tj311 wrote:

Voice commands do not work on a windy lake with 3 cameras. Remote is my only option.

@brewcityrider wrote:
To the OP... Hey brother, just use voice commands or the GoPro app on your cell mounted to bars. Voice commands work flawlessly on the bike and are all you need really. I've been doing it this way for almost 4 years.

I was adressing the OP's post...he's a biker like myself and we use external microphones.  Your situation may differ. Thanks. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@sweetstorm6088 wrote:
On a motorbike on the road at 130 km / hour it is not easy the Gopro voice option

Yes, at that speed it may be a challenge. Most bikers don't motovlog at such a speed though.  Good luck and ride safe.

Tourist

[ New ]

I purchased the remote just a couple weeks ago (I've had the GP 8 for a month- new customer so didn't realize they typically come out with a new model every Fall). Anyway, if there was a patent infringment, they would likely be ordered to stop selling the existing one. The bluetooth update is likely, but bluetooth updates are reverse-compatible in all the cases I'm aware of. Also, is it really bluetooh tech? The fact that this remote has a 600' range tells me that it's not bluetooth since the range for BT4 is only 200' with optimal conditions and BT5 is 800' (which I doubt the old remote has)..... just my thoughts.... 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the info! 

Tourist

[ New ]

On a motorcyle at highway speeds? I'll have to try it. I run and it works most of the time but I have to speak loudly.... 

Tourist

[ New ]
Great info on bluetooth specs... However the glaring issue is lack of communication/clarity, especially regarding a break from the norm, where the smart remote has supported the last few HEROs (so new version has not come out every Fall as the new HEROs have) and multiple model support and control is a main selling feature for an action cameraʻn. When the HERO9 came out, the different size was obvious that HERO8 non-compatibility required new housings and mods were released. Not so with no mention of smart remote incompatibility... GoPRo does not have a good track record regarding availabilty and only unofficiailly putting it out there that a new remote (with undefined capabilities and undefined timeline) is another black mark on the GoPro brand. Tell your loyal customers whats happening and how/when something will or will not be done. Thats all we ask at thus point so we can plan/act accordingly.