Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

[ New ]

I'm out too. the brand is getting to far outside it's own compatibility bubble. not using 2 remotes, not using multiple batteries and chargers, multiple mods, housings, floats. its a start again if you want to embrace their new brick

it's time to "Go Bro" 

Tourist

[ New ]

Je suis furieux de ne pas avoir été averti avant l'achat que la télécommande n'était pas compatible avec la Hero 9. 

Je vais la revendre. 

Tourist

[ New ]

From GoPro. Only works with 8 up so I'm disappointed. That doesn't make any sense because the 8 worked with the old remote.

2020-12-17 08_28_18-Window.png
Hiker

[ New ]

There is another alternative to the remote control.

With a smartwatch, such as the Samsung Galaxy Watch and the GoPro Shutter Pro app, the H9 is also supported and it works.

Hiker

[ New ]
Wondering if Telesin update their remote
Tourist

[ New ]

I just got the new remote, and it works fine with my Hero 9 and my Max, but it looks like I can't pair both cameras at the same time. I liked having two cameras on the same remote. I had a Hero 4 in my kite canopy, and the Max in the kite lines, both on the same remote.

A bit disapointing. Fortunately, I still have my Smart Remote, so I can still use two cameras at the same time.

I guess thats why they call the old one the Smart Remote, and the new one is just The Remote.

Tourist

[ New ]

I can't speak to the MAX, but the new remote has no issues doing multi control with my 8 and 9.  

Obviously you have to pair them one at a time.  Once they're both paired and on, go to the menu on the remote itself.  I forget what menu it is (there aren't a lot to choose from...) but youll end up on a screen that lists all paired cameras, and i wanna say the top option wil be 'multi' (or something like that.)  Pick that, and bada bing, it connects to every camera in range that's turned on and previously paired to the remote.  

From the same menu you can choose to just control one cam at a time as well.

Tourist

[ New ]

@azmtbfix wrote:

I can't speak to the MAX, but the new remote has no issues doing multi control with my 8 and 9.  

Obviously you have to pair them one at a time.  Once they're both paired and on, go to the menu on the remote itself.  I forget what menu it is (there aren't a lot to choose from...) but youll end up on a screen that lists all paired cameras, and i wanna say the top option wil be 'multi' (or something like that.)  Pick that, and bada bing, it connects to every camera in range that's turned on and previously paired to the remote.  

From the same menu you can choose to just control one cam at a time as well.

Thanks. That works. I retract what I said about it not being a smart remote.