Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

[ New ]

It's hard to beleive there has not even been a progress report on the 9 remote from GoPro. Telesin says on Amazon they are working to udate their remote to work wuth the 9 but I can't find any information on their prohgress either.

Tourist

[ New ]

If your saying we should just accept it and move on, which is what you just said.

Nomad

[ New ]

Thanks for presenting such a well thought out, pointed arguement.  The points you make and examples you referrenced made for a compelling and worthwhile read.  

You're being a contraction of "You are" and not indication a possesive statement as to describe ownership of something such as "Your car", "Your Bike", "Your smart remote which obviously doesn't work with a Hero 9 camera".

You're Welcome!

Smiley LOL

Tourist

[ New ]
You're
Tourist

[ New ]

Agreed - I am sending my Hero 9 back! Customers should have a voice in camera features ... if you want our money!!

Hiker

[ New ]
This afternoon I broke down and Visited the local Zoo and brought alongth3 Hero 9 on a Telesin extendable grip.. I use it to get extreme angles very low or High.. I’m 71 so doing those without a “Crutch” is tough on the old knees .. I used to carry a compact digital camera on a selfie stick plus a high end Canon digital SLR , asi get older I’m having to pare down my load... the pictures & Videos I took today came out great using the Hero 9... but using Voice control was a Pain in the ass I got about 30% of the content I tried for.. My wife stopped me from throwing the camera into the Lions habitat. .. said it would be bad for the big Cats.... Dammit Come on GoPro get us a wirelessremote
Hiker

[ New ]

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-Performance-in-Extreme-Temperatures/ta-p/392974 

"For extended recording time in high-performance video modes, capture shorter video clips when in stationary use, and/or limit your use of features that increase power consumption, such as the GoPro App or BacPac accessories. To control your camera remotely at higher temperatures, use the GoPro remote instead of the GoPro App."

But we can only use the app or yell and look like a twit and have extra features turned on so the camera shuts down after 30-45min

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes very hard to believe the GoPro is not having a solurtion coming... But there is no indication about the compatibility on Heroe 9, except if you "dig" on the Remote instructions (on the web), where you can see that it's working only up to the GP8 ... I am a motorbiker, and I use mostly the GP8 via the remote. So, for today, no way for me to switch the GP8 to GP9 on my bike ..

Remote GP.jpg