Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

[ New ]
Here’s an answer we got from a GoPro rep on the first page of this :

‎09-19-2020 04:10 PM
Options
Hello @stoutbeach1072. The Smart Remote isn't compatible with the HERO9 Black. We have a remote in the works. However, we do not have an ETA on when it will be available. Updates regarding this will be posted on the website as soon as it is available. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Same as everybody above, having an Hero8 with the remote and working well.  Just got today my new GP9, and I am very disapointed not to be able to make it work with the new GP9.

Hiker

[ New ]
Can You imagine what some of the Pro’s using GoPro are thinking.. take for instance Jay Leno.. His team uses multiple GoPro’s mounted on and in the Vehicles that he test drives on Jay Leno’s Garage I can’t imagine they Manually start each of those cameras
Nomad

[ New ]

Usually professional crews wait until the tech is proven and trustworthy before upgrading.  In this case they could even be working directly with GoPro and have access to pre-production remotes so they can give feedback about it's design, use and range.  

GoPro upgrade their camera's every year and people join right in and upgrade along side them.

However when it comes to a freaking 6+ year old remote FINALLY Being upgraded, everyone is freaking the heck out.  News Flash folks, the original smart remote wasn't that great or that reliable.  I for one will be glad to see a new remote on the market.  I just hope that they put more thought into it than they did the display mod.  I mean please let's have a backlit remote this time around...

Tourist

[ New ]

@irishman: Dude, you are so missing the point.....

Sightseer

[ New ]

I just bought a Hero 9 last week, my first GoPro and bought the remote today, a huge disappointment, why is there a big RED FLAG saying don't buy older remotes? not to mention they don't have the batteries locally or ship them as per IATA laws or sell chargers.

Big disappointment for such an amazing camera from a disappointing company. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Przecież w opisie jest napisane do jakich kamer służy ten pilot :-) 

Nomad

[ New ]

The description on the sales page only states Hero 8 and Hero Max and earlier models (7,6,5,4,3,2).  Could be that pages in other countries haven't been updated or corrected yet, but this is also why you are still able to return the remote and get your money back.