Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

[ New ]

ATT: Gopro please read the following from the Australian competition and consumer commision -  

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/advertising-promotions/false-or-misleading-claims 

Creating a false or misleading impression

Businesses are not allowed to make statements that are incorrect or likely to create a false impression.

This rule applies to their advertising, their product packaging, and any information provided to you by their staff or online shopping services. It also applies to any statements made by businesses in the media or online, such as testimonials on their websites or social media pages.

For example, businesses cannot make false claims about:

• the quality, style, model or history of a product or service
  • whether the goods are new
  • the sponsorship, performance characteristics, accessories, benefits or use of products and services
  • the availability of repair facilities or spare parts
  • the need for the goods or services
  • any exclusions on the goods and services.

It makes no difference whether the business intended to mislead you or not. If the overall impression left by a business’s advertisement, promotion, quotation, statement or other representation creates a misleading impression in your mind—such as to the price, value or the quality of any goods and services—then the behaviour is likely to breach the law.

There is one exception to this rule. Sometimes businesses may use wildly exaggerated or vague claims about a product or service that no one could possibly treat seriously or find misleading. For example, a restaurant claims they have the ‘best steaks on earth’. These types of claims are known as ‘puffery’ and are not considered misleading.

Hiker

[ New ]

@bluetree3732  You do realize you obviously never tried it before the firmware update right?  Well I did!  Right when I got my H9B before any firmware update.  It's true there was an option for the Smart Remote in the Connections menu, but when you clicked on it, no it did not work!  It did absolutely nothing more than tell you to get a firmware update in order to be able to use it.

That's when **bleep** hit the fan!  After the update the option for the Smart Remote completely disappeared!  Man Mad

So no it never worked, not even with the 1.00 firmware, but I do agree this was extremely misleading!

Hiker

[ New ]

i'd like to point out the point 

• any exclusions on the goods and services.

Tourist

[ New ]

It is very clear on page 125! 

Hiker

[ New ]
I've watched tons of GoPro Hero 9 review videos talking about almost everything and any comparison they can make. None of these veteran GoPro users ever mentioned anything about the remote. How come nobody mentioned that a remote is not available yet.

It's likely they were all told not to talk about it if they were to review the camera.
Or it used to work until they released the camera...
Hiker

[ New ]

I was also very surprised about that. Only found one in dozens of well-known reviews where this was mentioned. I wrote it in the comments for two.

Hiker

[ New ]

i'd like to know which review mentioned the remote as none i've seen have.

Tourist

[ New ]

After a long time in doubt, finally bought a Smart Remote earlier this year. Very disappointed to find out, after bying HERO 9, it's not compatible. This (together with all the other issues) makes me want to grab my HERO 7 before the HERO 9 on adventure which is quite rediculous. I will NOT be investing another 80 euros money in a new Smart Remote.