Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

[ New ]
Well technically I believe the Hero 9 Supported the the smart remote prior to the first firmware update, not sure if it worked... but it did say it worked in the manual
Hiker

[ New ]

I can't say what went or didn't go in an Alpha or Beta firmware. My H9, which I have had for a few weeks now, couldn't do that and not with the firmware before 1.22.

Also other remote controls like Gopro Remote for Samsung Watch do not work with the H9 anymore.

Especially the motorcycle forums are full of non-functional Smart Remote

Hiker

[ New ]
Well without support for a smart remote I have an expensive dash cam mounted on the windshield of my suv ..
Tourist

[ New ]

You can check the Manual where it states that it can connect to a Remote.

E91B1D00-7B9E-47F5-83C6-1538F30B2D8D.png
Sightseer

[ New ]
The worse is that they delete all the bad reviews. I tried twice. And my review is immediately deleted. Only 5 or 4 star reviews... Gopro is becoming a scam!!!!
Nomad

[ New ]

Yes well clever wordplay in there.  it says it can connect to "The Remote", which would be the so called "The Remote" (coming soon) as mentioned on the GoPro sales page (which would be a newly designed remote).  It doesn't say it can connect to "the smart remote".  My guess is they won't roll out "The Remote" until enough GoPro units sell to gaurantee sales, or they'll do what they did with the display mod and launch it last minute just so they can release it and not have any legal challanges.

Tourist

[ New ]
I work for a electronics retailer. We got training on accessories comparable with the Hero 9. It is called “The Remote” and is compatible with the Hero 8 and 9. No word on release dater picture of it though. So it is coming!
Hiker

[ New ]

@mprera"The Remote" and "the Smart Remote" are not the same thing so I think this is clearly not talking about the Smart Remote we all own.  But if you look at page 125 of the user manual they DO mention the Smart Remote.  My guess is this was a copy/paste error or something.  Still very misleading though!

SmartRemote-H9B.JPG