Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

[ New ]

The smart remote doesn't work with the gopro 9

Tourist

[ New ]
Welcome to the p*ssed off club
Tourist

[ New ]
Nope - nice of them to tell you...now you are like all of us, you have a new hero 9 and a useless remote. Oh and they don't sell one that works with the hero 9
Tourist

[ New ]

Wow, unbelievable! I did research before buying it, checked several comparisons, checked if there was a new remote and then I decided to buy it! Just got it and when trying to connect the option is not even there.... my goal was to be able to connect all my cameras with one device... disappointed! Really bad from GoPro.

Hiker

[ New ]

Since there have always been problems with the Smart Remote, especially on the motorcycle, I am very happy that there will hopefully be a better remote.

I also don't remember it saying anywhere that the Smart Remeote is compatible with the Hero 9.

It would only be nice if the new remote control was finally available!

Tourist

[ New ]
I guess many (myself included) thought the remote would just work as it has done in the past. The H9 isn’t much different to the 7/8 just a spec boost. The remote is a key part of most users set up. I’m shocked GoPro missed mentioning this little fact.
Hiker

[ New ]

These are simply wrong assumptions you have made and just because something looks similar, it is not the same.

The H9 is different and can't be compared to the old generations.

I really haven't been a friend of GoPro so far, after all the trouble with my H7, but, and I repeat myself, GoPro finally seems to take a different approach with the H9, even with the remote control.

It was more than overdue!

Nomad

[ New ]
You do realise the smart remote worked with the 9 before the firmware upgrades right?

Also, it says in the manual it works with the smart remote, not smart remote V2 or whatever it will be called.

How is the 9 any different to past cameras?

Was GoPros different approach to mess up a new product launch even more than usual ? Screw loyal customers over more so than usual ?

Please inform me and the thousands of others who are so misinformed.

Also , speaking of wrong assumptions; just because you had issues with the existing smart remote, doesn't mean everyone else did..