Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

[ New ]

so glad to see an abundance of unhappy remote users. the option of using the app is unacceptable and only good for "ONE" camera. its like a rewind back to a HERO 2 with new fruits which are great. The company needs to get their S*&t together and if you don't have a replacement to sell at launch either don't launch your buggy product till its fit for purpose or get legacy products to work.

Tourist

[ New ]

With all the unhappy Hero9 owners not able to use remote capabilities, wouldn't it be time for a response from GoPro to let us all know they hear our problem and have a solution??  I for one need to know if I should look for other options as I like to shoot Fall Colors but have a limited time to do so.  Does GoPro have a reply to these issues and do they care??

Tourist

Rif.: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

[ New ]

Scusate, ma com'è possibile che lo smart remote non sia compatibile con Hero 9? Ma dico: era di una praticità grandissima ed ora se guido la moto o la bicicletta come faccio? Secondo Gopro mentre guido posso premere il pulsante per registrare? E con un casco integrale posso utilizzare i comandi vocali? Fatemi capire la logica di questa idea. Ci sono rimasto malissimo a non poter utilizzare la Hero 9. Mi tocca continuare ad usare la Hero 8. Non è giusto!!

Hiker

[ New ]

Unglaublich! Hab mir zur Gopro Max nun für die Hero 9 auch eine 2. Smartremote gekauft und die soll nun nicht kompatibel sein?
Ist eigentlich ein Unding! Hab genau das gleiche eingangs erwähnte Problem, sonst wäre ich nie drauf gekommen.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hatte jetzt den Support am Telefon und werde die Smart Remote zurückschicken.
Soll alles unkompliziert gehen - Mail mit Rücksendeetikett ist zumindest angekommen.
Abschließend bleibt aber ein bitterer Nachgeschmack zur recht unverständlichen Geschäftspolitik... das hätte in jedem Fall groß in der Warenbeschreibung drinstehen müssen oder spätestens bei der gemeinsamen Bestellung angezeigt werden müssen!
Ich hoffe nun wenigstens, dass die neue Smart Remote zeitnah erscheint und auch einen Mehrwert in der Bedienung bietet (wie z.B. Akkulaufzeit, die bei der alten recht schlecht ist), so dass meine Hero9 demnächst vollständig nutzbar ist.

Hiker

[ New ]
It is so disappointed , I have gopro 7 gopro4 ,they are work together with smart remote until I buy a new gopro 9.
Tourist

[ New ]

To all Hero 8 users, boycott, do not upgrade to the 9 until the issue with the Smart remote is FIXED. Do not let them tell us how to use our equipment.

Hiker

[ New ]

If they plan on releasing a new remote, I hope they make the previous remote compatible as well... Based on the factory firmware when the camera first arrived, the smart remote was a feature. I am not sure what "new" things happened to make the old remote "not compatible". Usually, "not compatible" would literally mean it CAN'T work; such as a 4G phone trying to access 5G network. I don't see whats new with the GoPro 9 vs the 8 in terms of connectivity...