Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Smart Remote

Es ist schön zu hören, dass sich eine neue smart remote in Arbeit befindet. Noch schöner wäre es, wenn man die alten benutzen kann. Ein solches Verhalten zerstört, dass lange aufgebaute Vertrauen der Kunden. Da die Konkurrenz nicht schläft und gerade mit der letzten Actioncam gezeigt hat was sie können denke ich, dass gopro bald nicht mehr den Markt anführen wird.
Highlighted
Tourist

VERY disapointing. I use my GoPro cameras while kitesurfing, either in the kite lines or a strut mount. Voice control doesn't work with all the water and wind noise. Please get that new remote done ASAP.

Highlighted
Hiker

Exactly, I believe the new leader in the action cam I’ll be the company that responds to the desires of the users
Highlighted
Tourist

Really bad form to not make this known upfront...(not compatible with the HERO9).  Yet another accessory to have to "upgrade" is really expensive and makes for a horrible customer experience when itʻs not publicized AND there is no immediate replacement available.  What Iʻm really afraid of is that Iʻll have to wear two remotes -one for my HERO7 and HERO8 and then a second one for my HERO9 instead of the great ability now to control multiple HERO models with one remote.  Sigh...  I hope some Chinese ʻknock-off" company comes in with a solution...  BTW, to suggest to use oneʻs IOS Phone to remotely control the camera is horribly insensitive for an ʻAction Cameraʻ company.  I wonʻt be trying to strap my iPhone to my wrist while Iʻm catching waves or paddling across open ocean channels.

Highlighted
Nomad

Boy oh boy! I sure hope the new remote comes soon. I had no idea that my existing remote would NOT work with the hero 9. There's no way for me to use my phone app to control 3 hero 9 cameras while in a kayak. I NEED a REMOTE. PLEASE release it soon. Don't make us wait until next year!! 

Highlighted
Tourist

Looking for Battery run time I updated from the 7 to the hero9.  OUCH no remote, no mention in any advertising and it's not like I can step out of the helicopter to turn it on and off.  So I now have a tool that's useless, anyone with an aircraft using GoPro needs all their concentration on flying first so simple start stop is the only way to use these safely.  So no go, go pro 9.

Highlighted
Hiker

To the OP... Hey brother, just use voice commands or the GoPro app on your cell mounted to bars. Voice commands work flawlessly on the bike and are all you need really. I've been doing it this way for almost 4 years.
Highlighted
Tourist

On a motorbike on the road at 130 km / hour it is not easy the Gopro voice option