Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro Hero 9 Black - Issue with The Remote

[ New ]

Hi, I have successfully paired the new remote control with my hero 9 camera.

When the hero 9 camera is off and I turned on the remote control it shows a connecting screen (please see the attached picture) and it remains stuck in that connecting screen forever (it never shows the camera power on screen). 

If I turn on the hero 9 manually then the remote connects to the camera and I can fully control the camera using the remote control.

I can even turn off the camera using the remote control. But as soon as the camera is turned off, the remote enters into the connecting screen again and it remains there until I powered off the remote control.

So in summary the issue is that I can not turn on the camera using the remote control. 

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Gopro Hero9 Remote.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Black - Issue with The Remote - SOLVED

[ New ]

Just an update on this topic. I reset the remote control and paired it again with the camera following the instructions on the manual and now it works just fine. So starting from scratch:

1) I turned on the hero 9 camera and selected the option to put the camera in pairing mode.

2) I turned on the remote control and selected the option pair new.

Both devices have paired and after that, all worked just fine.

View solution in original post

GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Black - Issue with The Remote

[ New ]

Great to know that the reset worked. We appreciate the update and your sharing of what fixed the issue. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Black - Issue with The Remote - SOLVED

[ New ]

Just an update on this topic. I reset the remote control and paired it again with the camera following the instructions on the manual and now it works just fine. So starting from scratch:

1) I turned on the hero 9 camera and selected the option to put the camera in pairing mode.

2) I turned on the remote control and selected the option pair new.

Both devices have paired and after that, all worked just fine.

GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 9 Black - Issue with The Remote

[ New ]

Great to know that the reset worked. We appreciate the update and your sharing of what fixed the issue. Thanks!