Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro Hero 8 unable to start live FaceBook meeting

Hello GoPro support community.  

I have a Gopro Hero 8 that I purchased a few months ago through your trade-up program.  Due to the pandemic i have started using more online resources.  I am having a problem with my Hero 8 establishing a FaceBook live meeting.  Here is the troubleshooting I have done so far:

Camera is an iPhone 7 Plus running IOS 13.3.1

When I launch the app on my cell phone and select "Control Your GoPro", a window popps up asking if I want to join the wifi network "Dan's Hero8 Black".  I must select JOIN.  Otherwise the app puts me back to the opening screen.

The Camera is able to join Hero 8 WIFI network, and I am able to control the camera.

When I select SETUP LIVE, it seems to connect to my network, and I have tested both the home WIFI and my cellullar hotspot.  

The stream is set to share with friends, I give the stream a title, andand the name is correct in the facebook account.  Nothing is grayed out.

I click the bar on the botton that says; Set Up Live Stream, and the next screen that opens says Preview Not Available, and then I select Go Live

It looks like the live stream starts, and my stream health bar is well into the green area.

HOWEVER, no one on facebook can find my live stream.  None of my friends can see it, and it does not show up in my profile.  I have tried setting up a FaceBook live stream with my cellphone, and I was able to do that, just not while using my Hero8.  Please assist.