08-29-2020 01:40 AM
Gopro Hero 8 does not connect to App[ New ]
I bought this Gopro back in May and was using the app just fine, but now it seems that the app and my Gopro will not connect to each other and I have to manually download all my data via computer. How do I fix this as I have tried resetting everything and deleting the app and following support procedures?
08-29-2020 02:58 PM
Re: Gopro Hero 8 does not connect to App[ New ]
Hello @zippyflash47587. Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd like to gather a few more details to help us isolate the issue. Were there any recent changes made (e.g. firmware update on the camera)? What's the phone model and its OS version installed? What's the version of the GoPro App?
Additionally, please see if the following troubleshooting steps will help:
- If using an Android mobile device, clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section can also help.
- Perform a factory reset in the camera.
If you're still unable to connect your camera to the app, try these steps:
- Restart your mobile device.
- Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings.
- Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
- Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.
- iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.
- Kill the app and relaunch it.
- On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera.
- Now, put the camera in pairing mode.
- Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app.
- Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out.
- For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set.
Please let us know how it goes.