Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro Hero 8 Mic Adapter Not compatible with Rollcage??

[ New ]

Hey All,

I just got a hero8 and after I put on the rollcage, there is no way for me to connect the mic adapter. Mic adapter hole is on the left side of the rollcage. Am I missing something here, or, is this error so blatant?

Hoping to find a solution to this issue Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 8 Mic Adapter Not compatible with Rollcage??

[ New ]

Well, it is clear that for both the lanyard and the rollcage, batteries can not be swapped quickly, as there is no access to the battery door. , therefore, no access to the USB port either. That's the reason why I don't use them. 

Most people I know just made a cut in the USB port area and took the door out / used the Ulanzi door with a port cutout. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

Well, it is clear that for both the lanyard and the rollcage, batteries can not be swapped quickly, as there is no access to the battery door. , therefore, no access to the USB port either. That's the reason why I don't use them. 

Most people I know just made a cut in the USB port area and took the door out / used the Ulanzi door with a port cutout. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

well we look at hte design first and figure out after. 

guessc gopro never made real thoughts to things other then the camera.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes, I find many design choices questionnable as well.

• Would have it been so hard to add a 3.5 mic jack? 
  • Keep the removable lens? 
  • Made it easy to swap batteries with all the cases? 

This is what happens when a company that was started as a passion becomes mass-market. When GoPro was only for athletes and such, it developed niche products that made a lot of sense. Now it tries to be something for everyone (even their motto is the world's most versatile camera) and to maximise revenue. 

But then, what other choices are out there?

Like it or not, it still beats the crap out of the competition as an overall package.