Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro Hero 8 Black wont record (crashing and restarting)

[ New ]

Hello, 

I have been using Gopro Hero 8 Black for a couple of months now with no issues, but recently it stopped recording any type of footage. The camera turns on and i can access settings, modes and connect to it via GoPro App but when i click on record button - camera restarts. Sometimes it is firing a weird screen, sometimes it will show a blank screen with recording timer (see pictures attached). 

I have tried several batteries and several recommended SD cards - still doesnt work. Additionally, after having spend some time here on this forum, i did every single reset possible (Format SD, Reset Presets, Reset Camera Tips, Factory Reset and even re-installed firmware following the steps on gopro.com/update - still doesnt record) 

Can you help me have this fixed please ? Seems to be a hardware issue, but wanted to check if i can get some help here first. 

Thanks ! 

gopro8_1.jpg
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 8 Black wont record (crashing and restarting)

[ New ]

@holdmabeer, sorry to hear about the trouble with the camera. If the issue persists after going through the troubleshooting, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. Please let them know about the steps already taken.

Tourist

[ New ]
All set, thanks for the help. Sent for replacement.
GoPro

[ New ]

@holdmabeer, glad to hear that our Support Team was able to assist you. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up.