Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro Hero 8 Black complete static sounding audio when using the file in Magix video editor 2016.

[ New ]

Hi All 

I have a Goprop Hero 8 black, and am using Magix video edit pro 2016. Whenever I import/add a file filmed on my gopro in to the editing software and play it back I get a terrible static sound on the whole clip!

The files themselves play fine audio wise when played using windows media player or VLC. 

However the minute I add the clip to my Magix software to edit and create a movie the audio is consistently static/interfance noise and nothing being said on the clip is understandable?!

What could I try please? All phones and other devices were off when we shot the clips.  

Explorer

Re: Gopro Hero 8 Black complete static sounding audio when using the file in Magix video editor 2016

[ New ]
This seems to be an issue that might be better addressed by Magix Support. One thing you can try is recording a RAW .wav Protune audio file with the HERO8 and then using that file for your audio.
Explorer

Re: Gopro Hero 8 Black complete static sounding audio when using the file in Magix video editor 2016

[ New ]
Also, you might want to try a different video editor like DaVinci Resolve.
Adventurer

[ New ]

As I use Magix .   the problem is in Magix. the  program. locate the Help tab and chose Update. onc you're Updatd the problem will go away. this was known with the Yi  action camera to it was quite annoying  till the updat was done.   you should be on   at least Magix 2019 not 2016.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Blackmagic cameras software for gopro called Devenchi says a lot that gopro  fell behind and catering only to the Mobile  side.

Explorer

[ New ]
Blackmagic didn't start with cameras. Their primary business has always been for professional color grading equipment and software. GoPro, on the other hand, is primarily a camera company. I wouldn't necessarily say they are falling behind as they've only recently been creating their own software (Studio was created by Cineform and purchased by GoPro. Fusion Studio was mostly the creation of Kolor. Quick Mobile and Splice Mobile were both purchased from other companies. Dashware was also purchased). Rumors are that GoPro is developing a new desktop editor. However, considering that there are so many free options available of professional quality (like DaVinci Resolve), it's not the greatest use of resources.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Thanks @danielr15 .

Magix if I remembered right I was updatd to their latest in 2018. when I went to updat again. I had to pay for the Update. but the  third  or  fourth update corrected the static issue.  They had to load codecs in.  I did not like paying for  codecs separatly and find out they did not transfr over t oall magix editors.  love the editor does a great job in creating  quality.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi All

Amazing. THANK you VERY much for all the information. I am new to GOPRO (the 8 being my first) and I am loving it. And the help and instant advice from you guys is very much appreciated. ❤

Will look at Magix as the issue and perhaps get with the times of 2019 update lol.

Thank you again