Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro Hero 7 live stream not working with Android

[ New ]

I just got my brand new Hero 7 Black and I am running some tests.

I was able to connect my camera to my iPad and setup the live stream.  When I first connnected it asked me to provide a name for my camera and later to provide its wifi's passoword. I did it and I've run through that whole Live Stream setup. In the end I was able to transmit to my facebook account.

My next test was with my Android device that is my everyday device.

I noticed that I cannot go through the live setup when using Android App. 

When I tried to connect to the camera, my app notified to turn on the bluetooth. Later it asked me to provide the password and connected to my device's name wifi. and I goto connected to my camera live view.

On next stage I tried to start the Live Stream Setup but I noticed that my app tried to turn off and turn on my bluetooth several times and after some seconds it showd the exclamation mark "!" and finished the process.

What I noticed is that my Android device is not able to switch from Wifi connection to Bluetooth connection to allows me to stream via my wifi...

Please provide me a fix. I want to get live stream working with Android. I am using Android 7.0.

GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 7 live stream not working with Android

[ New ]

Hi @rpeluffo

See if the troubleshooting steps on this thread will work on your end:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro7-Streaming-Connection/m-p/251685#/M73098

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 7 live stream not working with Android

[ New ]
Hi.. I don't think it will help.. Once initially I was testing only with android.. I tried several times and I also did the camera factory reset.. No success.. So later I moved to iPad and it worked on first attempt..