01-28-2019 11:08 PM - edited 01-28-2019 11:09 PM
I have been finding difficulties in updating my Gopro Hero 7 White to the latest version i.e. 2.0. I tried in many many ways such as, Manually, Through the Mobile App, Through the Desktop software. Also my Micro SD card is on the Gopro Recommended Memory Card list. Any alternative ways to solve this problem?? This camera seems to be a failure if this does not work.
01-29-2019 01:32 AM
01-29-2019 03:55 AM
Thanks for the reply. It is straightforward what i have mentioned above. I did the same procedure how the website ask us to do. After copying and inserting the memory card and turning on the camera it shows that it uploads and restarts automatically. But the version has not changed and the settings are the same. I tried factory resetting aswell. Still gets the same result. Hope this clarifies. Fialed many times to update through the phone app and desktop software.
01-29-2019 08:11 AM
Here are the steps for the manual update:
- For this process you will need your camera, your SD card, an SD card adapter, and a computer
- You will put the SD card into the adapter and then into the computer
- Open your browser and proceed to https://gopro.com/update/
- Select the proper camera that you need to update
- Follow the step listed on the page. **It's best to work on a formatted SD card.
- Remove the SD card from the computer
- Ensure that your GoPro is powered off
- Insert the SD card into your GoPro
- Power on your GoPro
The camera will then begin the update process.
If it still fails, you may need to try a different SD card.