Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Freezes continuously

Thanks for that info, both about the SD cards and the Osmo Action. I decided to try another card (SanDisk Extreme 64 GB again) last week. Still had it freeze with very little use. I noticed the suggestion to reinstall the firmware manually. Just tried that and another card reformat yesterday, but need to do some more recording before I know if that helped.

@constantin07451, I have had those two settings turned off for months now. There are certainly other issues besides those that are causing the freezing for many of us. I thought, initially, the rotation was the cause for me, but nope - maybe only one of the causes.
Highlighted
Explorer

If manual updates, turning off unneeded settings, and trying with a different card isn't resolving the issue, you really should just get it exchanged. I know that these cameras work, and work well. I have one, my son has one, my neighbor has one, my brother in law has one, two co-workers, and many of the people I surf and mountain bike with have them. Nobody that I personally know has issues.

Perform a FULL format of your SD card in your computer. Download and install the manual update. Once done, format the card in the camera and then do a factory reset of the camera. Turn off Auto Low light and set the orientation. If after doing the above you still have issues, you're either going to need to do the exchange, or just deal with the occasional freeze.

It's a real bummer to hear from people that have issues, especially because of the great experience I have had with mine. I hope it all gets worked out for you.
Highlighted
Explorer

Oh, and BTW. Samsung Select (or EVO PLUS) seem to work much better than the SanDisk. People have reported that the camera runs cooler with them as well. I use them along with my SanDisk Extreme and haven't had any issues.
Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

I think this is the best advise in a nutdshell for anyone could get that has the freesing issue. The GOPRO support should use this.

tx

Highlighted
Tourist

@constantin07451 what is the best advice? @danielr15 's advice about the Samsung Select (or Evo Plus) SD cards? Or about all the steps to manually install the latest firmware, format the card, factory reset the camera, and then disable those two settings?

Too bad there isn't a quote option in this forum.
Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

My experience says:

a) Use a certified sd card.

b) Download and install the manual update the latest firmware.

c) Once done, format the card in the camera and then do a factory reset of the camera.

d) Turn off Auto Low light and set the orientation.

If after doing the above you still have issues, you're either going to need to do the exchange.

You can easily test if the camera will freeze after the above procedure. Just hold the camera in stand-by mode (i.e. not recording) and start tturning quickly around itself. You will then know after 6-8 runds if the camera feezes or not.

hope it helps.

BR

Highlighted
Hiker

And my experience tells me the Hero 7 is the most unreliable piece of sh#t I’ve ever bought, it says something when I’m using an Hero3+ for snorkelling in Barbados because my Hero 7 Black is so unreliable, the firmware is only one part of the problem, the other problems is hardware and quality control.
Highlighted
Sightseer

absolutely