Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Freezes continuously

Yeah, tried that twice. Problem still exists until a new version is released.

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried going to the site to download it manually but there is no longer a link.  I believe someone may have taken that link down due to the issues maybe???  I'll do the low light thing then wait  (fingers crossed) that they come out with the fix ASAP!  DO YOU HEAR THESE COMPLAINTS GOPRO???  If you do, please post something!

Highlighted
Tourist

nevermind, found it... 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, 

when we can expect update with freeze issues fix? Got this issue on 1.70.

Thanks for answer

Marek

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @markocze. There is no update on the HERO7 Black firmware at this time. There are troubleshooting steps here that will help clear the issue. If not, please contact our Support team so they can walk you through further steps. You may reach them by phone or chat. Best regards!

Highlighted
Tourist

As number of other "lucky" owners I'm replacing my Hero 7 Black every 2-3 months. But every time I'm receiving the new product with the same number of problems - freezing and battery drain with camera OFF. This is the real shame for GoPro to keep such a raw product in the field without upgrade fix.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

Honestly turn off Auto Low Light and locking the orientation and it will solve the freezing problem. I have been trying this for the past 2 months and there is absolutely no freeze. Formating the micro sd card etc is of no use.

Try this out and let us know. I run the latest firmware on my gopro with the two settings disabled. The camera works absolutely fine.

Tx

BR

Highlighted
Tourist

If you have to turn off this or that ... and maybe disable other things, they all seem to me to be very good reasons because the manufacturer who sold many, including mine, would be serious about solving the problem. If it's all so simple, immediately provide an upgrade of the firwmare and / or software. It seems strange to me to receive e-mails asking me to cancel my post ... and no one cares about those who, in expensive dives, like mine, have lost the ability to record.