Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Freezes continuously

Hello @constantin07451 and @waydownwego. Appreciate you going through recommended troubleshooting steps. If you haven't yet, please get in touch with our Support team so they can assist you with the next steps. Their contact information is at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . You may direct them to this thread for reference. Best regards!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

What is the reference of this thread?

Tx

Highlighted
Explorer

Referencing this thread is just letting the GoPro Support Team member know about this topic and your participation. If you are on a chat, you can copy/paste the address.
Highlighted
Adventurer

about using the camera under water, why it freezes, loses bat. and about reflashing formware , and using  FW 1.61.     

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi folks...  My Hero 7 is fully updated, tried several cards, still freezes.  Is there any resolution to this???  I can't figure out how to reload the software since it is updated.  I would suggest that you rename the software to 1.71 or something so it can be reloaded automatically since there are LOTS of folks having this issue.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there.

Not sure if people have seen my post a few months ago but turning off auto low light mode completely fixes the freezing issue. I had my camera replaced in the early days but the problem still persists until you turn this function off. I've tested it on and off for hours and hours and not once have I had a freeze with auto low light set to off. I appreciate it's not a proper fix, you should be able to use the camera with any setting but until GoPro come up with a proper firmware fix, it will have to do.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi

I recently purchased a GoPro hero 7 Black (wished I have read this forum beforehand..) and am also experiencing the same issue with the freezing. Seems to be affected only during dives (in a supersuit). I have read that turning low light from auto to off may work. Will definitely try that.

Another issue is the fact that I enjoy muck diving a lot, and I do use GoPro with the linear FOV and as well as the zoom feature to get the best macro shots. As you all may know, once you have set the zoom feature in GoPro, there is no way that we can change the settings once it is in the supersuit, underwater. This makes it extremely crucial for the camera to NOT FREEZE as freezing would lead to me turning off the camera (holding the power button for 10 seconds) and this eventually resets the mode and I will not be "zoomed in" anymore! 

GoPro you guys ought to do something about this. It has been months since the feedbacks were given. I really hope my decision to stick with you all throughout hero 4, 5 and now 7 was a good one. Would be extremely diasppointed if this problem persists. It is already disappointing that the macro use is limited in hero 7, but for a camera to frequently freeze with no obvious reasons, that's just unacceptable.

Highlighted
Explorer

@franktafl 

You can reload the firmware by downloading the Manual Update to your computer.  Extract/Unzip the UPDATE.zip folder that you've downloaded to your computer.  Using a USB/SD adapter, insert your SD card into your computer and do a FULL (not Quick) format.  Once done, copy the UPDATE folder (not UPDATE.zip) to the card.  Eject the card and put it into your camera.  Turn the camera on using the side Mode/Power button and it will load the firmware.  You can get the firmware here.  Choose, "Update your camera manually".  You can find the camera serial number by going to Preferences > About > Camera Info.