Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Freezes continuously

Hi there

Since my first post (16th March) regarding freeing issues I received a replacement from GoPro after giving them all the informaton regarding freezing issues whilst in standby mode. On testing, the new camera did not freeze but once I started amending settings to custom preferences, the problem came back. As per my very first post, turning off low light mode does completely fix the problem. Locking landscape screen mode also seems to help so maybe it's a combination of the two settings that's the issue. I've use the camera for the past 5 days recording about 4 hours of footage without any issues as long as auto low light function is turned off and landscape is locked.

What I'd like to know is if there's any point in getting another replacement as at some point, I may need low light function to be turned on.

I'll keep checking other people's experience.

Highlighted
Explorer

If you know to lower your frame rate in lower light conditions, you don't really need Auto Low light.  If the camera is working for you, I say stick with what you've got.  I assume you got the camera to actually go out and use, so spending time testing and dealing with exchanges might not be worth it to you.  Just go out and enjoy the camera.  

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

I have done a brief test with auto low light off and locking landscpe mode and it seems that the camera is not freezing when it is not recording (you can call it stand-by mode). I will wait for the real test underwater next week.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

During my yesterday's dive I used the camera with auto low light off and locking landscpe mode for over 90 minutes. I confirm that the camera did not freeze even once when in stand-by mode. People having the freezing problem, should try out this.

Tx

Highlighted
Hiker

I am at my wits end. I purchased the original camera on Feb 2, 2019. Now, on May 16 I am on the 4th camera, the 3rd replacement, all due to camera freeze. Yes, I reported a few days ago that this camera was finally working. On it's 2nd outing I was never able to get a single recording. I had to pull the battery 5 times before I finally put it away. 

I just called GoPro and after 4 non-functioning cameras I requested a refund, realizing I will lose the Hero 3 I sent in on their Trade-up program. I was told I am now more than 30 days since the original purchase date and a refund will not be provided. WHAT? I'VE NEVER HAD A WORKING PRODUCT!!!! Nope, now way, no how will they provide a refund. So now I am either stuck with a non-functioning camera or will have to continue down the warranty replacement trail.

How on this planet is this ever considered good customer service? I've litleraly never had a working product and I can't get my money back! I cannot begin to explain how pissed I am. We, as consumers, should have some protection from companies like this. Steal your money and give you nothing. 

I guess my only option is to contact every consumer protection agency I can find. I could try my local news TV station but they'll probably pass on the story. I am at a complete loss. What else can I do? I just want my money back because after nearly 3 months I've never had a working product. This companies customer service policies are to benefit them, not you. Good Luck.

Highlighted
Tourist

me too, underwater in 5 immersions freeze 2 time and the are no reasons. The only is go out and take out battery. After it work properly.

But underwater we can't do anythings !!!!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

me too, underwater in 5 immersions freeze 2 time and the are no reasons. The only is go out and take out battery. After it work properly.

But underwater we can't do anythings !!!!!!

Also for me is unacceptable.

Do you know how we pay to go underwater ?
Who pay me back ???

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

My suggestion is try the camera with auto low light off and locking landscpe mode. I will try this tomorrow during a long dive again and update the blog. Also if the gopro freezes underwater, keep pressing for 10 seconds the off button and it will shutdown, and then you can power it on again.

So tomorrow, you will have some more news on the subject from me.

BR