Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Freezes continuously

[ New ]

I've been following this conversation every since I posted about the same subject many months ago. It's apparent to me that GoPro either doesn't know what to do, or doesn't care to expend the time, effort and money to resolve it once and for all.

Tourist

[ New ]
When I got it I updated via the app. It shows 1.80. I did not format the card although I did get a couple of videos. I formatted the card in the camera and going to try again. I am leaving the sceenlock on and turned off low light. I cant do a manual update as I fo not have a PC with me. Fingers crossed.
Tourist

[ New ]

I thought the manual update solved my problem too, you'll be back in a couple days after the hero 7 black ruins another one of your memories.

Tourist

[ New ]
I used it today after the card format. No problems but was just snorkeling. Will be diving tomorrow we will see. If it screws up again it's being returned to Amazon and I'll buy a used 4 black.
Tourist

[ New ]
Very disappointed in the Hero 7 Black, I have been running for the last few days with work and it was crashing and shutting off, so after reading through all of this thread last night for a fix, tried what everyone suggested about turning off the Auto low light etc, well today it ran for about 30 mins and shut off as it was too hot, **bleep** Lens bezel was really hot. I think I’m going to get in touch with customer service via phone. I only bought it a few months ago as well.
Explorer

[ New ]
@samdiver74
If you were recording in 4K or high frame rates, the camera may have overheated and shut down. Depending on ambient temperatures, air flow, and if the camera was exposed to direct heat (like the sun), then shutting down at 30 minutes wouldn't necessarily mean a defect with the camera. It is basically a small computer in a small waterproof housing with no ventilation or fans. The heat sink is at the front of the camera and the heat is directed towards the lens. It's not uncommon for the lens protector to get very hot.
Tourist

[ New ]
Maybe this is why the Osmo Action has heat pipes.
Hiker

[ New ]

Hello,

After upgrading the camera to the latest version, I have tried twice underwater, and there are no freezing problems. The low light functionality was ON.

The fact that it get hot, I noted from the very first posts. This is a design issue.

Tx