Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Freezes continuously

[ New ]

Hello,

It seems that the new firmware just released has done the trick. It will take a bit to test, but the first test is encouraging. Just to note that BEFORE upgrading, download all your videos, as incompatibility may occur with the SD card, and you may need to reformat, thus losing everything.

Tx

BR

GoPro

[ New ]

@constantin07451, thanks for posting back with an update. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Hiker

[ New ]
It’s only took GoPro almost a year to come up with a working firmware, if I’d have known I’d have bought my hero7 black a year later when the “8” is released next month, this would have given me a working GoPro 7 at a discount price instead of a bug ridden one at premium price the year before.
Nomad

[ New ]
Does NOT FIX IT FOR ME.

I CAN'T CONFIRM THIS DOES NOT FIX THAT EXTERNAL BATTERY ISSUE
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @bikemivie. Let our Support team assist you further. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

Tourist

[ New ]
I went on my first dive with the 7 black in the dive case only 20ft. After a few short videos it froze. Did not know about the 10 sec on the mode button. Haf to wait to pull the battery. Camera was very hot. DOD have screen lock on and low light on. I am about ready to return this as I just got it 2 days ago. Had a 3+ never had any issues of freeze.
Explorer

[ New ]

@suzieqmia 

Have you done a manual update?

What SD card are you using (make/model/size)?

Did you format the card in the camera before using it?

Hiker

[ New ]

I had the exact same problems, but once I did a manual update using my desktop pc (NOT via the GoPro app) it cured the problems using firmware 1.80, if your cameras is using firmware 1.70 then update straight away 1.70 firmware is not fit for purpose