Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro Hero 7 Black won’t turn off after last update V1.80

After last update to version 1.80, have two Issues with my GPH7 Black
1.) won’t turn off - just “beeps” few times, like when is normal turning off and than nothing happens. Display stay turn on. When want to turn off camera, must remove battery.

2.) the second problem is in photo mode - after two shots (photos) when I make 3rd photo camera starts beeping like crazy, maybe 10-15 times. After that I can continue with photos, another 3rd photo it is repeats beeps.

Have anybody same issue? Thank for the answers
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Black won’t turn off after last update V1.80

Yop same with the video. I woulb bet new firmware done it
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, maybe new firmware done it, but when will be new firmware 😂 under 🎄 ??? 😂
Also camera starts overheating to much in video mode 2.7K 60fps. Until the last update, everything was TipTop.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @matusn7560

Try running the update again.

It will be best to update the camera manually. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem. I got the GoPro just recently and the first thing it did was updating to the latest firmware once I connected it with GoPro Quik for the first time. Anyway, my camera wouldn't turn off sometimes too, and when I thought it did finally turn off the battery completely drained a few hours later. By the way, I had WiFi connection and voice command turned off, so the battery shouldn't have drained so quickly when the camera's off. I can only guess that the camera didn't turn off though it looked like it did.

I also took Ej's suggestion and manually updated the firmware once again, but the problem's still here.

Highlighted
Tourist

Make update manually and it didn’t solved mi problems. Everything is same - won’t turn off, crazy beeps in photo mode, and ofcourse overheating in 2.7K in 60. Also turned off GPS, voice comands.
Then what is the update via app for when doesn’t work correctly???
Every solution with update problems is to make update manually... maybe if GoPro make only manual updates it will be better, because they can be focused only on one thing, and than will be better. Make only one but tip-top ✌🏻
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro should let us roll back to the previous version until this issue's fixed in the next version.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tanghonglai @matusn7560

If the camera behaves the same after the suggested steps, please reach out to our Support Team to further check on this.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej