Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Gopro Hero 7 Black leak

Hi. I am Nazmi and I am a loyal GoPro user since GP4 then GP5, GP6, and GPH7 Black. Recently I brought my GPH7 Black to pool with kids and it was okay and I still able to review photos and videos. After a while, I get back to the hotel room. At night, I tried to transfer the videos through GoPro apps but the GPH7 Black didn't turn on. I thought the battery is drained so I open the latch and I found droplet in the battery compartment. This is so surprising because the door latch is so tight and I closed it properly before. I don't think the leakage because of thin hair or any sands because I have checked the unit thoroughly and carefully. FYI, I am an underwater photographer and dealings with camera underwater housing is like my routine. I believe something is wrong with the door latch. Even though I didn't use supersuit but it was just in a pool and the GPH7 Black never dropped before on any occasion. This is my first experience had leaked water with GoPro. Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Black leak

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @nazmir1

Sorry if this is taking longer than usual.

We have tagged the team handling your case.

You may also reach out to Support to follow up on your case.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

I have tried to contact via chat several times since your last respond here but unfortunately, no one can engage me. I am so demotivated and frustrated. Do you purposely do this, since GoPro 9 has launched now? How about us, your previous and 'loyal' customer?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear about what happened, @nazmir1. So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO7 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without housing. We want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi. I had chat with Gopro Support team last 17 August.  I spoke to  Mark, shared all details and sent photos of my Gopro but since then I don't receive any updates.. This has made me curious and worried. I don't know what to do with my broken GPH7 Black and the incident was really frustrated. I just brought into a pool that less than 2m depth but it has leaked! 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @nazmir1

We were able to pull up the case using the email address associated with your HUB ID.

We'll reach out to the team handling your case and post back for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi. It has been a month but no news about my claim status. This is worrying me and I don't know what to do with my Gopro Hero 7 Black. I thought Gopro is seriously taking care of the customers. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @nazmir1

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @nazmir1

Thanks!

Ej

I have tried to contact via chat several times since your last respond here but unfortunately, no one can engage me. I am so demotivated and frustrated. Do you purposely do this, since GoPro 9 has launched now? How about us, your previous and 'loyal' customer?