Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro Hero 7 Black doesn't power on and hot

[ New ]

My camcorder (Gopro Hero 7 Black) doesn't power on. I plugged in the charger but the indicator light did not light even though the camera was hot. I remove the battery and plug it in again, the machine is hot but not on power. I want to know what my device is faulty, what to fix, how to guarantee?

Sightseer

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Black doesn't power on and hot

[ New ]
Bro, I too have the same problem with my gopro. Please let me know if you have solved the problem.
Hiker

[ New ]

Manchmal schaltet sich die Cam von alleine ein, ohne dass man es erkennen. Sie wird dann heiß und am Ende ist die Batterie leer.  Probiere mal die Wifi-Verbindung auszuschalten. Außerdem den Quickstart und das Einschalten per Sprachbefehl ausschalten.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey, I've had my 7B now for less than a week and this is frustrating. Even if I Power off the camera in the evening with full battery, the battery is empty in the morning. Also, using wireless connection heats up the camera crazily. I will try turning WLAN off permanently. Thanks for good advice!

(But seriously, it is really difficult to believe that there are this sort of/level problems with basic things in these cameras when prices are highish and reputation good etc. Gosh!!!)

GoPro

[ New ]

@quốcvươngn50, @rohanb54353, the power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: GoPro Camera Will Not Power On

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

GoPro

[ New ]

@litheexper060, make sure that the camera is completely turned off by pressing and holding the power button instead of pressing it once. It will also help to disable Wi-Fi connectivity when not in use. 

In addition, it is important to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works smoothly. You may perform a short record time test through the instructions here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Short-Record-Times/ta-p/395856

Also, make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.

Tourist

[ New ]
@aenriquez 

Thank you for your help!

I followed the tutorial article you shared but still did not solve my problem. Through steps 1, 2, 3, my camera still does not respond positively. By step 4, after plugging in the charger with a Type-C cable with a 5v 2A power source for a few minutes, my camcorder started to heat up. Hot location: on the front-bottom, opposite the memory card slot. This issue is quite serious for my beliefs as well as for GoPro users. Therefore, I hope to receive worthy and accurate support from the manufacturer. (It would be great if supported in Vietnamese)

Thank you!

Looking forward to hearing from you!
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update @quốcvươngn50

The best path forward is to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Regards,

Ej