Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Black HDMI output delay

@sweetmesa86641has a good idea. It should not be difficulat for Gopro to just delay the audio by an appropriate amount of milliseconds and at least the audio and video will lipsync.

Sightseer

turn off your stabilization,and the latency reduce at once

Hiker

And what use is turning off stabilisation? .. might as well just use a different camera than

Tourist

I've been looking at the HERO7 Black as a point-of-view camera for live-streamed music production sessions similar to this one (Mixing Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" on an Analog SSL Console).

For this use case, I'd be connecting the HDMI output of the camera directly to a capture card connected to my Mac and the audio would come from an external audio device (either a rackmount audio interface or mixing console connected via either Thunderbolt or USB2.)

The streaming software I plan to use (mimoLive) can delay video up to 100 frames and audio up to 2 full seconds.

Would this be sufficient to compensate for the delay HyperSmooth creates on the HDMI output?

Hiker

If you were to use the H7B in a fixed position you wouldn't need to have stabilisation on in the software so you would have no audio desync and less hdmi delay overall. However, the gopro is still bad at being powered externally for long periods. Why don't you look at the sony as300 , its cheaper has better low light and is perfectly fine being usb powered for days.