Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 7 Black HDMI output delay

Just to add further on this...

The issue also appears when Standard Stabilization is enabled... so it is a problem with any form of stabilization

Tourist

Anyone updated to the latest firmware v.1.61? I couldn't finish it via the mobile app nor Quik on my Macbook Pro...

The HDMI latency doesn't described in the update notes but I'd like to know if anyone test the HDMI output with it.

Hiker

I'm on 1.61 and this issue still persists ,its ridiculous 

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Is this issue still going on? I wanted to get an external device to livestream from but if the audio is out of sync that makes the gopro useless. It would have been nice if gopro would have let us know that it's not suitable for this use case. 

Sightseer

I haven't played with it since... However, if you use 120FPS that seems to work. I'm using mulit iphones for me set up now... It's easier! GoPros are my back up. Batteries don't last long on GoPro Black 7 either I have to plug in a external usb chargers while recording. 

I do love the GoPro for outdoor shooting and the water... I get great footage with that! 

Hiker

Disable Stabilization to stop the lag.

I would be interested to see whether Hero 6 exhibits the same behaviour

FYI, 120fps (or another high-framerate mode) is does not exhibit the lag because stabilization is disabled (as per above).

Also keep in mind, despite whatever framerate you set, In reality, it will only ever output 1080p @ 59.97 Hz.

It appears the Hero 6 / Hero 7 HDMI out implementation is a bit sketchy compared to Hero 5...

Tourist

@rikshadriver wrote:

Disable Stabilization to stop the lag.

It appears the Hero 6 / Hero 7 HDMI out implementation is a bit sketchy compared to Hero 5...

Can you use stabilization on the Hero 5 black and HDMI out at the same time? I Feel like having to disable stabilization ruins the point of using a gopro in the first place. I might just sell my hero 7 black and get the hero 5 if that's the situation 

Tourist

I think a reasonable solution if the processor can't handle doing HDMI and stabilization in real time is to just figure out a way to keep a stable delay and then sync the audio to it. at least then there are some use cases that this would be acceptable with. right now the only way that this is usable is if you have external hardware/software and a mic that can sync the audio yourself.