Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro Hero 6 doesn't work anymore after update

I have got a brand-new Hero 6. It worked fine for half a day. Have a supported V30 Extreme scandisk card 128 GB. After connecting to App got prompted an update. Executed on this. Gopro went down and didn't come to life anymore. Tried removing sd card and battery, reload battery, 10 sec mode button...5 sec rest and press mode again. With and without charger. Quite desperate. Going on holiday. Please help. Spend serious money. Very disappointing experience. Actually, quite angry/frustrated. Truly hope you can help me fast. Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 6 doesn't work anymore after update

Hello @henkstobbe

Sorry to hear about what happened. Do you mean that the camera does not even show a power light indicator despite its battery being charged? If this is the case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

That is indeed the case :-(. Will contact support as per your advise

Highlighted
GoPro

Please do, @henkstobbe. You may also share the outcome here so other members will know how the same issue can be solved. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

After some info exchange, last (failed) reboot attempt and delivering proof on date/location of purchase (camera was three days old) I was able to swap for a new one at the store of purchase. Also the retail shop (Bever in Haarlem) offered great help and had achieved the same in a parallel track.

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that you were able to get an exchange. Thank you for keeping us posted, @henkstobbe. Stay stoked.