Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro Hero 6 Problem

I have recently(dec 31st 2017) bought a GoPro hero 6.
I was really excited to use this during skiing but I am having a hard time with this thing.
It turns on normally when I was at my house but when I go up the mountain and try to turn it on, there is a blue light flashing and the screen returns to the setting screen you get when you are starting up your GoPro for the first time. So then, I finish the set up and tutorials and go to media. I try to look at my old files but they are all replaced by exclamation marks. I go back to my house without using it and when I checked it, it worked normally. So I understood it does not work in the cold (-2~-10 C).
Is this normal?

My SD cards:
Silicon Power micro sdxc elite 64gb UHS class 1
SanDisk sdxc Ultra 200gb class 10 UHS class 1

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Gopro Hero 6 Problem

Well, first off, nether of those cards are recommended, especially the 200GB. I'm not saying they are causing this issue, but they will most likely cause issues at some point.

As far as the camera getting cold, I haven't had this issue but I've heard of a few others that have. Using a housing like the super suit seems to help. I've also heard keeping the camera close to your body and/or using those heat packs.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Gopro Hero 6 Problem

Well, first off, nether of those cards are recommended, especially the 200GB. I'm not saying they are causing this issue, but they will most likely cause issues at some point.

As far as the camera getting cold, I haven't had this issue but I've heard of a few others that have. Using a housing like the super suit seems to help. I've also heard keeping the camera close to your body and/or using those heat packs.